Re: Proposition: Debian Desktop Guide

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 06:50:51PM -0600, Joel Konkle-Parker imagined:
> I sent this message to debian-desktop and got some positive
> feedback.  What do you guys think?
>
> I think there should exist a Debian Desktop Guide similar to
> Gentoo's <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/desktop.xml> that
> guides the user step-by-step through setting up a home desktop
> Debian system. This means installing KDE/GNOME, configuring X,
> getting fonts working correctly, setting up printers, sound,
> DVD, ACPI/APM, etc.
>
> Is something like this already being worked on? I think it
> would be an invaluable resource for people like me who want to
> set up a typical desktop Debian system.
>
> --
> Joel Konkle-Parker

I personally think it would be a great idea.  I have no idea,
however, whether this is already being worked.

My $0.02,
Raymond
--
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name