Re: Migration from DebianDoc to DocBook-XML

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:34:17PM +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having been offered an arabic translation of the Release Notes I have found that
> debiandoc-sgml is not able to cope with this language and the maintainer thinks
> that it would be difficult to produce support for it. Subsequently he has
> suggested that we might like to consider moving over to DocBook XML and
> producing our documents in UTF-8 source and output format. I wonder if it would
> be possible to produce a variant that that would support the tags that we
> require.
>
> Unfortunately there is also no support for Greek either in debiandoc-sgml.

See debiandoc2dbxml for mostly automatic conversion.

I am thinking to convert "Debian Reference" into xml after sarge.

I think XML conversion takes some manual intervention which is not
trivial for large file.  Also I was not diligent enough to find good
build script a year ago.  I have not done it yet....

Osamu