Re: Introductions, etc

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:33:29PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> Chris Teodorski wrote on debian-doc@lists.debian.org,
>
> > Hello all -- I'm interested in finding a way in which I can give back to
> > the community.  I've been using GNU\Linux for several years now and
> > having settled on Debian as my distro of choice, I decided it was time
> > to offer my assistance.
> >
> > I'm not a hacker so unless the Debian community is interested in
> > introducing very poorly written code into Debian then I'm not of any use
> > there.  I am fairly technically literate (my day job is as a SysAdmin)
> > and my degree is in English Lit, so it seems that I am a perfect fit for
> > the documentation project.  So, I'm asking if I can help out and how?
>
> Sometimes I wish that I had a degree in English Lit.  Like you,
> documenting the system is also my principal Debian interest.
>
> Since twenty-four hours have passed and no one on debian-doc seems
> publicly to have spoken, I should refer you over to [1] and [2].
> Investigate; then, if you feel willing, able and interested to
> contribute there, introduce yourself on [2].
>
> --
> Thaddeus H. Black
> 508 Nellie's Cave Road
> Blacksburg, Virginia 24060, USA
> +1 540 961 0920, t@b-tk.org
>
> 1. http://debtags.alioth.debian.org
> 2. debtags-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

The best way is to fix bug in the existing documentation.  I am not
native speaker and struggling with English (and all other translation to
be in sync.)

One thing is for sure with volumteer project like Debian.  No one will
handhold everystep of yours.  You need to contribute and make others
feel your contribution helps their contribution.  Then collaboration
starts.

Cheers,

Osamu

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Brussels Belgium, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract