Re: Debian User Reference Manual (HTML)

Hi, David (Hi, Oliver see below)

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 12:23:19PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 09:57, David Mc Dowell wrote:
> > Hello Oliver,
> >
> > I am  a new ARM Linux user trying to get to grips with Linux CLI!
> >
> > <http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/user/ch20.html>
> >

> > Something seems to have happened to the HTML version of the above,
> > the body content of chapters 1,2,3,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
> > has gone missing...
> >
> > Chapters 4,6, 9, and 11 display just fine!
> >
> > Will you investigate please.

I thought it stalled.  There were no content in many chapters.

I ended up creating a new document "Debian Reference" which also has
many CLI things.

See
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html

or its tuorial section:
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tutorial.en.html

> It is some years since I was actively involved with the docs, so I am
> forwarding this to the debian-doc list.
>
> Oliver Elphick

Oliver:

Can we consider this being official orphaning of this source by you?

This manual has already been labeled "obsoleted".

If you agree, I would like DDP to remove this tree to avoid similar
questions.

FYI: I gave credit to these documents as:

  Some parts of "Tutorial" section were derived from

     * "Debian Tutorial" by Havoc Pennington, Oliver Elphick, Ole Tetlie,
       James Treacy, Craig Sawyer, and Ivan E. Moore II. (This document was
       derived from "Linux User's Guide" by Larry Greenfield.)
     * "Debian GNU/Linux: Guide to Installation and Usage" by John Goerzen
       and Ossama Othman.

It was very good starting point for me.  I hope "Debian Reference"
covers what you aimed.  Thank you creating good starting point.

Osamu