Starting questions

Hi,

I am fairly new to this list. So far I didn't find an appropriate FAQ or a guide to answer my newbie questions, so I decided to ask here on this list!

If there is a FAQ or something similar it is sufficient to guide me to this resource to answer this mail, if there is no one here are my question:

I am not accustomed to build cvs-manuals by using Makefiles (standard.makefile or alternative.makefile), which I already fetched and updated recently. I want to build them the same directory where the source files already reside.

Is there any instruction on how to do this?
Yes, I had a look at the accompaigning README files in the ddp directory but.....sorry, still haven't any clue how to go on...

And yes, I read http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs, but looked for a step-by-step tutorial on how to build the downloaded manuals in vain......

At last some notes to my basic intentions:

At the moment I try to get as much informations as possible to learn about the DDP. The very background of this is that I am intent to contribute to UserLinux documentation (mainly translations into German) which is an emerging subproject (alpha stage) of the Debian headed by Bruce Perens. Since UserLinux (UL) is not intended to be a fork but a polished (i.e. certified, limited set of packages) subset of Debian, all contributions, i.e. software and docs, aim at compatibility too the Debian project in general. More specifically all documentation of UserLinux will also be part of DDP and vice versa.

Hmm, I hope that someone will understand what I am trying to say above, sorry for my limited abilities to express myself in English, reading and understanding is much better :-)

Thank you

Thomas