Few questions about distro registration

Hello,
   I have some questions about the registration of a linux distribution.
    In one hand, we have a copyrighted name for the distro, in the other hand we have the packages registered under the GNU License. So, should i register a Distribution under my name, with my packages and my installation system ? But how ? I'm trying to find this information in the internet but i cannot find it.
Should my distribution be registered under GNU License too?
Is in the internet a document where is this explained ?

Best Regards,
                     Ivan.