Re: created software raid howto for debian systems

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 02:45:47AM -0700, Lucas Albers wrote:
> Eric Baudais said:
> >
> > If you do not get any more information from the DDP you might consider
> > releasing the HOWTO with the Linux Documentation Project.  They have a
> > extensive list of HOWTO documentation and would welcome any additional
> > contributions.  They are located at http://www.tldp.org/
> >
> > Eric Baudais
> eric, et al,
> First off I apologize for my previous WTF comments.
> I was just in a hurry, and should have shown a little patience...
>
> I am just going to wat for some more feedback from some people.
> I want this documentation in debian because:
> I think debian kick's ass.
>
> Debian NEEDS better software raid documentation.
> I looked and worked on this for weeks, and their is not really any
> documentation that shows you how to do this from start to finish using the
> really easy software raid tools, mdadm.
> Perhaps I need to rewrite the format to follow existing
> g formats, but I believe this should be part of the core documentation.
>
> Raid is critical to production servers.

Well, DDP is good place.  But all of us are kind of limbo now since CVS
are not active since compromize.  I guess Josip has much to do before
spending time for DDP.  Too many things happening.

Keep cool and make nice doc with proper build script, I guess people
will welcome you.

Osamu