No Print Function

Dear Sirs:

I have just recently, after a long and frustrating struggle, got Debian
3.0 on my computer and running. However, I have two items I need help
with. By the way, I am a newbie to Debian and somethings I do not
understand.

One: How do I get Debain to print? I have tried the wizard without
success. I did download Synaptic and then downloaded Printop. Now I cannot
find this program and it is supposed to be graphical. I have a HP832C
inkjet printer. Also, I have a disk for this printer. Can I use that to
configure the printer?

Two: How do I save my work to a floppy or zip disk? I have been running
Redhat 8.0 and could not get it to save to a disk. Do I use command lines?
Where do I find the save commands? I would like to know this because I am
putting together a web page and would like to keep it on disk rather than
the hard disk.

If you need any further information please let me know.

What I have seen of this OS I really like. It is somewhat faster than Redhat.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Sincerely,

Clyde