Re: Naming schemes of DDP documents

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:19:17PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:25:28PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > [...]
> > 1.) use naming scheme 1 for all documents and file bugs against
> > non-conforming ones
> > 2.) dito, but use scheme 2
> > 3.) let support www.debian.org/doc/ support both schemes
> >
> > Which one is it? (I can take care myself of 3 or file the bugs related
> > to 1 or 2)
>
> We need to agree not just these but many more for consistency.
>
> I like 1) but if 2) is chosen, we may do like
>   <manual>.pt_BR.ISO-8859-1.{txt,ps,pdf}
>    or
>   <manual>.pt_BR.UTF-8.{txt,ps,pdf}
> [...]
>  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ddp-policy/ddp-policy.en.html
>   and see
>  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ddp-policy/

Ok, if I interpret your mail (and the ddp policy draft )correctly
the answer is actually
"I like 1, and that also what's in the ddp-policy draft. But
bug reports are not quite good, because there is no consensus yet
and the policy is still a draft". Correct me if I got anything
wrong.

Based on this I will propose a patch for the www pages which enables
them to support both naming schemes. This will at least give the users
correct links...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>