Re: DDP CVS commit by jfs: ddp/manuals.sgml/ddp-policy/en common.sgml

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:24:20PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 07:12:50AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > What license do people you recommend for new Debian documentation?
> > I'm working on a newbie help program which I initially made GPL; but
> > it's really mostly documentation. Also, we're almost ready to start
> > the new install manual.
>
> But you might be better off asking debian-legal for an opinion; I
> unsubscribed from that list a while back.

No, you should first read the DDP draft policy, specifically the section
regarding licensing [1]. I've made every effort to include all the relevant
discussions from debian-legal there.

Regards

JAvi

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ddp-policy/ch-common.en.html#s2.2