Re: doc-base interchange DTD

Daniel Nouri <daniel.nouri@con-fuse.org> writes:

> Now there is one sole thing left that is not clear to me: How am I
> supposed to structure the dhelp index files (in HTML/) regarding the
> languages?

That's a very good question.

> Obviously, if one's language is Spanish, then Spanish abstracts and
> titles will be displayed where available.

How do you know what "one's language" is?

> In addition, I think I want to fallback to our default English if
> Spanish is not available.

I would think so too.

> Further, my understanding is that a
> document with the language attribute "fr" will not be displayed for
> that Spanish user, however he should be able to reach French- only
> (<document lang="fr">) documents via a link in each section,
> provided French documents exist there.

Well, we need to step back here.  One thing to remember is that a doc
has one document registration file, and it's translation has another.
They are separate document.  I don't know how you're going to do "fall
back" at all, unless I add some way to link one doc to another.

When I was working along the lines of Dublin Core, rather than our
native metadata set, this was taken care of on some level.

I'm starting to wonder whether my doc-base-interchange DTD should
perhaps be Dublin Core based.  I would have to deal with the mapping
for our doc-base format to Dublin Core, and perhaps alway a way for
folks to register their dublin core data more direclty (either using
HTML headers, or perhaps RDF/XML representation.

It's a whole kettle of fish.  I'm trying to just do one thing at a
time.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>