New member needs orientation on DDP and list

Hi all,

I've dug around the Debian web site looking for a detailed outline of
the policies and procedures governing documentation authorship (e.g.
about how to contribute appropriately, other than as a package author or
maintainer), but without great success.

I've also searched through the archives of this list looking for some
sort of FAQ, manifesto or policy, but with similar results..

I presume that something like what I'm looking for must exist, so could
someone point me to the relevant URLs?

Dave