Re: DocBook customization layer for the DDP

Quoting Aaron Isotton <aaron@isotton.com>:

> Is there any docbook customization layer for the DDP?  [...]

Not that I'm aware of.

> Is there anything like that/is anybody working on it?

I've been thinking about proposing such a customization as I've been
composing the new xml-sgml-policy in DocBook XML.

It'll probably be a couple of months until I could even propose such a
customization, as I'm still busy with the policy docs.

> Do you feel such a thing is necessary at all?

I think it would be useful to standardize on a debian version
(customization) of the standard schema (aka DocBook) in general use for
computing-related documentation.

Adoption of a customization of DocBook would also mean a move away from
debiandoc-sgml, which would free up some of Ardo's time to work on the xml
infrastructure stuff.

My $0.02,
Mark

--