Re: A couple of Debian HOWTOs

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 10:15, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:16:51AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > I'm a Debian maintainer (hazelsct@debian.org), and would like to know
> > what the protocol is for adding a couple of HOWTOs to the DDP webpage
> > and/or broader Documentation webpage.  The HOWTOs I've put together
> > currently live at http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debian-howto/ and because
> > they're Debian-specific are considerably more concise and (IMHO) helpful
> > to Debian admins than the general Linux HOWTOs.
> >
> > There are just a handful for now, but I'd like to get them out where
> > they can be useful to people (most of them are nearly two years old, and
> > it's about time people started hitting them!).  I'm also planning to
> > request a couple of links from the Beowulf "port" page to wherever these
> > end up residing, as Beowulf is the focus of my documentation efforts.
>
> The first two look like patches for the Debian FAQ, the third could be
> standalone mini-HOWTO (maybe even in the LDP), and the Beowulf stuff could
> be integrated into the Beowulf page.

Thanks for the feedback (and apologies for the delay).

I ended up putting versions of these into the Debian Wiki, which I think
is a good place in terms of visibility and long-term maintenance.  I
mentioned this also on debian-beowulf where feedback was positive.
--
-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg