Re: [idea] Troubleshooting Guide

On 3 Jun 2003, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> On Micosoft Windows, there's a "troubleshooting guide" thing that
> poinks up when the network fails to work, etc.  It's heirarchial
> document with questions that click down to more precise questions and
> so on down to answers, to guide the user to a problem solution.
>
> What if we had something like that for Linux, in some standard
> document format, so that any package could drop it's trouble shooter
> into the directory for them?

As long as it's more helpful than the Windows one - it's woefully
inadequate.

The idea is reasonable, though, and if it was in a nicely widely-updatable
manner (say, like a Wiki or something) then it could become a nice
dynamically updated source of information.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16