Re: Blood and souls for my lord alioth

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:34:01PM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> How do translators use the DDP CVS now?  It seems that this couldn't be
> harder and could possibly be a lot easier.

How would it be easier on Alioth? I was hoping it would, but I don't quite
see how, right now.

To get real SF-like accounts, they need to get approved by the admins (I
guess?), and then they can use CVS via SSH. If they don't get approved, then
we revert to the pserver method, which is the same we use on cvs.d.o now,
except that they by default get access to just one project (one document),
whereas in current DDP CVS they get access to all of the docs in the tree.

In addition, some work would have to be done to get anything from alioth
integrated into the regular web site and its mirrors.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.