Re: Blood and souls for my lord alioth

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:34:01PM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
[...]
> my understanding is that non-DDs will also be able to have accounts on
> alioth.

Of course they could.

> > Each
> > translator have to claim for a write acces for each document ?
> >

> Or they could use the patch manager?

Why ? What would you do with a Russian or a French patch if you do not
understand the language ?

> > It's not very simple IMHO
> >

> How do translators use the DDP CVS now?

It depends. Some Translators, non-DD, have a write access to debian-doc
cvs (I am in that case).

Some translators, who do not have write access to the repository, are using a
proxy, i.e. a Translation coordinator.

Some translators are DD.

> It seems that this couldn't be harder and could possibly be a lot easier.

I believe that the best thing, to encourage translations, is to let them
on the same place. How could a translation coordinator correct a bug, or
a typo if he has not been provided a write access ? Note that some
translation coordinators are not DD.

> Many people are familiar with the sourceforge interface.

I don't really believe that translators are familiar with it.

Cheers,
--
                                Pierre Machard
<pmachard@tuxfamily.org>                                  TuxFamily.org