doc-base rewrite underway, critique/contributors welcome

I'm actively working on the doc-base rewrite this week (rather than
DDP Policy, sorry).    Here's what I have so far:

Debian::DocBase.pm
  - POD intro only
Debian::DocBase::Doc.pm
  - representation of document metadata
Debian::DocBase::Format.pm
  - representation of format metadata
Debian::DocBase::DocFactory.pm
  - something that created Doc objects (usually by parsing)
Debian::DocBase::Db::ControlFile.pm
  - /usr/share/doc-base/* file support
Debian::DocBase::Db::Status.pm
  - /var/lib/doc-base/info/*.status file support
Debian::DocBase::Db::XMLMetadata.pm
  - emits Doc as XML

What's not done:

Debian::DocBase::Db::List.pm
  - /var/lib/doc-base/info/*.list file support (might be dropped)
Debian::DocBase::Hook.pm
  - support the hook mechanisms
Debian::DocBase::Db::Admin.pm
  - administrative functions

If anyone wants to critique in more detail, the CVSROOT is
cvs.debian.org:/cvs/doc-base and the module is doc-base.  (Hmm, I
wonder if I should move this whole module into the debian-doc
CVSROOT...)

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>