Re: The debian way

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Frederiks, P. wrote:

> the stuff I mentioned are documented individually, but you don't have a
> larger document discribing all the tools and policy-decisions that make
> debian different from other distros (especially red hat inspired distros).

Since you're going through the process of learning all these little tricks,
do you feel like documenting them all for the edification of future
generations?  Sure, someone else might read this post and say "hmm, yeah,
I'll give that a shot" but the only way to be sure is to do it yourself.
Might be the start of something rewarding.

I'd suggest getting in and documenting all the things you've done, and
document them thoroughly.  If you don't know the reasoning for *why* it was
done,  find someone who knows and ask them, and incorporate the answer
(full-quote, if necessary) into your document.

Announce it here, and anywhere else that looks good.  Get it put up on the
Debian website.  And so on.  Push to have your document included in the
default tips for all window managers.

[list of things to be going on with]

Sounds like you've got the ideas to start with.  Go at them.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16