Re: A Brief History of Debian - Debian Releases

Hi!

I am astonished that there is no word about having no Debian 1.0 released.

Okay, I think, I know the reason: The infomagic DC claiming to contain Debian 1.0. And I know, it was a 0.9x and installation somewhat broken. This was my first Debian installation and after hours I got installation from CD working.

When I was told, that Debian from Infomagic CD was uninstallable, I knew: This is my Linux distirbution. If someone with such small knowledge about Linux (as I had that time) is able to install even a broken Debian, how great would it be to have a normal release?

cu

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de