Re: What about a Debian Instalation Quick Guide

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:27:30PM -0600, Romel Sandoval Palomo wrote:
> > Hi Everybody
> >
> > I wrote a Spanish document entitled "COMO Instalar Debian" in English
> > its like "Debian Instalation HOWTO" but in reality its a quick step by
> > step guide to the debian installation process. My document its here:
>
> 	Just to let you know. I've just created a "Spanish" branch of the
> DDP in the CVS under the 'es' subdir. If you could translate our HOWTO (in
> Spanish) into a debiandoc sgml manual, it could be included rather fast
> there.
> 	This would provide a means for it to be published until it gets
> included into the Installation Manual (how's work in that side
> proceeding??)

So this is temporary, right?  I don't really like manuals.sgml/es
since that kinda goes against how manuals are supposed to be
translated.  If the manuals are new documents, canonical version in
Spanish, is there some reason why they shouldn't be translated to
English and other languages? If so, putting them in es/... is going to
get in our way.

I think apt-get-mini-COMO and apt-guia-usuarios should probably be
integrated in apt-howto.