Re: Updating project-history document

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> I just added it because I liked the article "Counting Potatoes", feel
> free to remove it but I think there's not much "history" around
> Debian in the project-history doc.

I'd be interested in seeing more history, I just didn't think that
slocount mattered that much beyond YA statistic to put in the release
paragraph ("X" was released with N packages contained over K lines of
code corresponding to a (development cost model) present day cost of M
dollars [M/Y Yen, M/P Pounds, M/E Eu])

> For example, I would expect some references to how was
> FreeSoftware/Linux at the time (looking at
> http://old.lwn.net/2001/features/Timeline/?month=all) or maybe even
> the software world (2001-2002 was "crisis time" after all :)

Perhaps some linkage to free sofware information would be good,
although personally, I suggest that we concentrate on debian specific
history, as opposed to the history of the entire FS movement. [At
least for this document. Although I'd definetly be interested in
seeing a more consise history of the FS movement...]

Don Armstrong

--
Always try to do things in chronological order.
It's less confusing that way.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu