Re: cvs commit to ddp/manuals.sgml/apt-howto by kov

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 07:44:22PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:50:23 +0100
> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
>
> > 	Just a quick note. What are translation teams for?
> I know nothing about them...

	Ok. Read http://www.debian.org/international/
	it pretty much sums it up. The different language pages
	will go into more detailed information. For example, for
	spanish:

	http://www.debian.org/international/Spanish.en.html

	(a little bit out of date but mostly ok)

	You can see the details I was talking about regarding
	translation teams. Some translation teams might be
	more organized than others.

> the Italian version of apt-howto is ready but the guy who did the translation
> to Italian is now taking care of showing it widely to italian lists and stuff
> for review before sending me a version to put on cvs and on the package

	IMHO if the translator does not do this (he might not even know
it), it's just common sense to get in touch with the translation
coordinator (usually listed in the website) and send him a note.
> > 	We should definitely have a clear and stated procedure (policy) on
> > how translation should be done in Debian.
> agreed

	Anyone? I cannot do that myself... too much Debian overload.

	Javi