Details of networks posted on list

Hi,

	I dont know how prevalent this is on other Debian lists, but in
debian-user atleast, quite a few folks, when asking for help with their
networking, post details on their real ip-addresses, hostnames and
sometimes even the way their network is setup. I would think that this is
not a wise thing to do, as it makes it easier for an attacker.

	What is the best way to warn folks about this practice? One
thought that occurred to me is to write up an entry in the FAQ (is there
such a thing around) and link to it along with the unsubscribe message
that is part of every post sent out by Debian lists. Is there a better
way? I am willing to do the writeup for the FAQ if the person maintaining
the FAQ puts it in, and someone takes care of the mailing list message.

Thanks,
Jor-el