Re: Bug in Euro manual

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 15:07:56 +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > $ xlsfonts | grep 'iso8859-15$'
>
> Why is the quote needed at all?

Strictly speaking, it's not needed. Personally, I tend to quote more than is
strictly necessary for the same reason I use consistently use curly braces
in C's if statements: I don't want to get bitten in a slightly context, as I
don't want to be bothered to learn the exact rules for each context.

E.g. I tend to use
	dpkg -l 'gcc*'
rather than
	dpkg -l gcc*
The former works in every Un*x shell I've ever worked with (though it might
not behave the way you expect), whereas the second works in some, but not in
others (e.g. zsh).

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking