Re: another doc that should be integrated in ddp: libpkg-guide

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 03:06:37AM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> > I think this should be linked from
> > <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals>, and possible offered
> > CVS and autobuilder space:
>
> Link from there too may be a good idea.
>
> >   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/
> >
> > It doesn't seem to be dead... Another alternative is to integrate it
> > into an existing manual....
>
> It is linked from the existing manual "Debian Developer's Reference (CVS
> version)" which you are one of the authors :-)

Yes, I *know* that the developers-reference contains a link to this
document.  Not sure I follow what you point is.

I was asking, Why doesn't this useful manual exist an one of the
manuals in the ddp?

> If including this document directly into this DDP CVS is desirable,
> let me know.

I think that's up to the maintainer of the document.  Sorry I got the
CC wrong before.

> I have patch almost ready :)

Why does it need a patch at all?  I bet it needs a makefile, tho.  I
see from other messages you were working on a patch to make it
debiandoc-sgml?  That seems kinda backwards -- is there some rule that
DDP documents have to be in debiandoc-sgml?  I thought we adopted
DocBook (SGML or XML) as a possible format.  DocBook is more detailed,
expressive, and standard....