Re: Documentation licenses (GFDL discussion on debian-legal)

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 02:16:22PM -0800, Mark Rafn wrote:

> > PS: From my point of view, Invariant sections are perfectly ok when you
> > are talking about non-technical related issues (example: author's opinions
> > in an article)
>
> Strongly disagree.  Freedom to fork a project is the basic right that
> Debian guarantees its users, and invariant sections remove that ability.

	Forking a project is not the same as putting words in my mouth I
didn't say and that's what Invariant sections are for. I disagree strongly
with your bits = software analogy. However, I will wait for others to step
in before going into what would probably become a flame war.

	Regards

	Javi