Re: Newbie here... :)
On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:46:42AM +0200, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Hello all,...
> ... just read on www.debian.org/devel/todo about that people are
> needed to maintain Debian documentation. Actually, being into Debian
> for quite some time but not at all a programmer by now, it is hard
> for me to imagine some way to contribute to Debian. If I may do so,
> here, I'd be happy to. What should I do, where to start? Which sort
> of tools to use for that? Any FAQs, manuals etc. to be read before
My document is an user manual and which was concieved as organized FAQ.
I would love to have another german translator ;-0
See my http://qref.sf.net site for details.
1) You need to learn editor. You are qualified :-)
2) You need to have internet access. You are qualified :-)
3) Learn simple things about CVS. Are you qualified ?
4) Contact upstream and translate. Hello :-)
5) You can understand how documents are made just by doing this.
~\^o^/~~~ ~\^.^/~~~ ~\^*^/~~~ ~\^_^/~~~ ~\^+^/~~~ ~\^:^/~~~ ~\^v^/~~~ +++++
Osamu Aoki <email@example.com> Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
.''`. Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
: :' : http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ also http://qref.sf.net
`. `' "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract