Re: More ands more advertising

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 12:46, Robert Ribnitz wrote:
> over the last time the amount of UCE ("spam") relayed over the
> discussion lists has stealily been increasing.
>
> I konw that selling adspace is a source of income to the project, but
> why not consider only accepting ads with a clearly identifiable return
> address?

None of the spam coming in over the Debian mailinglists is being paid
for. It's just slipping through the spamfilters and being posted without
anyone's approval.

It's just something we have to live with.... (and we need to tweak the
spam-filters some more)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT