Re: RFC: Changing of /doc/manuals/ implementation (summary)

Hello,

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:04:04 PDT, Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>  said:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 11:05:45AM -0400, Susan Kleinmann wrote:
> apache has auto language selection option which debian web server uses

I understood that; what I don't know was why the Apache guys elected not
to use (only) underscores; I've looked it up and now I see that they were
just following RFC 1766.

I would guess that the gcc locales don't use hyphens because compiler-writers
almost always have an aversion to using hyphens in identifiers.

It seems to me as if the Apache choice (hyphens) is appropriate for this
problem.

My $0.02,
Susan