cvs commit to ddp/manuals.sgml/securing-howto by jfs
time: Mon Aug 19 03:10:58 MDT 2002
Ok. Another revision of the manual (but still left at 2.5 beta since I have
not yet finished cleaning my mailbox, probably never will :(
Relevant information is in the changelog (boy it's getting big!) from:
- Added some information on how to setup the Xscreensaver to lock
automatically the screen after the configured timeout.
- Add a note related to the utilities you should not install in
the system. Including a note regarding Perl and why it cannot be
easily removed in Debian. The idea came after reading Intersect's
documents regarding Linux hardening.
- Added a pointer to another item regarding Bind chrooting (needs to be
- Added a one liner contributed by Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn to
retrieve packages with tcpwrappers support.
- Added a little bit more info on Debian's default PAM setup.