Re: A Question.

On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 14:48, Chris Tillman wrote:
> Forwarded from debian-doc to debian-cd:
>
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 08:45:32PM +0800, ?B???? <cloud28@ms17.hinet.net> wrote:
> > HI!
> > I have a question that:
> > Is there any question between debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso and debian-30r0-i386-binary-1_NONUS.iso ????
> > If I would like to install Debian with Traditional Chinese , where iso file should I use ???
> >
> > Thanks for answering! Good luck! :)

The "real" CD#1 is CD1_NONUS, so if you're in China, use that.

CD1 (without the _NONUS) is the same CD, stripped of all the non-US
packages, so is only of interest to people that decide they want to
abide by the USA's silly (mostly patent related) laws.

Just in case that wasn't clear enough, there are only 7 (or sometimes 6)
binary CDs per architecture.  There are two versions of CD#1.

Practically everyone probably wants CD1_NONUS, but if you're a worried
US resident, feel free to get CD1  _instead_.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/