Re: System load of DDP scripts

I know current recursive swcript may be the root cause.

If it fails, it exits (may be leaving dead process untill all script is
finished)  I do not think removing it has any damage since no one
applied patch to display there is pdf available on DDP web page.  Only I
know it is there :)

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 07:26:31PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > I think the nice 19 or something similar is causing more harm than good.
> > > The last three often builds have been stalled and in addition to that
> > > I've just found klecker with the load of 10 due to excessive number of
> > > pdflatex processes. I'll revert the patch to how it was before...
> >
> > If we stop all pdflatex, we need also to change Makefile of each
> > document.  Should I revert all Makefiles which makes ps/pdf back to not
> > making them?
>
> No, hopefully that won't be necessary. I later noticed that something went
> really wrong, there was a May 8th build running simultaneously with a newer
> build. This should never happen, that's why we have locking. I had to do a
> lot of kill(1)ing.

Current script : fail start new make as sub process , repeat.
                 after all process is finished, exit script.

???  I can not tell exactly anyway.  Give me shell account soon :)
 Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA
 See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
 See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
 "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net

 I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.