A couple of minor debiandoc issues

1. I've noticed a small stylistic error in the way page cross-references are
generated from DebianDoc SGML to PDF and Postscript output. Given a phrase
in the SGML original like

   With the advent of package pools (see <ref id="pools">) ,

if the location of the referenced section is on the previous page in
printed PDF/PS output, this gets translated to

   With the advent of package pools (see 'The pool directory' on the
   page before)

That's unidiomatic--it should be "on the preceding page." I'd file a bug
report, but I can't figure out which program called by debiandoc2[pdf|ps]
is responsible for the translation. (I'm an editor, dammit, not a
programmer!)

2. One other tiny issue: the DebianDoc-SGML manual says of the <prgn> tag:

   In output formats where character highlighting and various font
   styles are available this is usually represented by using a
   fixed-width font. In plain text output formats these names are not
   specially marked at all, as they occur frequently and introducing
   quoting would disrupt the flow of the text.

But actually the subroutine in /usr/share/perl5/DebianDoc_SGML/Format/Text.pm
that handles <prgn> adds single quotation marks, just as the <tt>,
<file>, and <package> subroutines do. (Subroutine is _output_prgn).

Which ought to be changed, subroutine or documentation? Maybe the
latter, because the quoting is helpful in differentiating short Linux
program names from ordinary words.

David

--
David Sewell, Project Editor