Re: Capitalization conventions for Debian release names

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 04:43:39PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > But then they'd also use "debian", and we generally disapprove of that :)
>
> I know that potato, Debian, and GNU/Linux are the convention here. Any
> other ones are "overcorrection" by the grammar zealot from your
> perspective :)   (I do not care one way or other.)
>
> But can you elucidate us where those conventions came form.

I don't believe I can give you an answer :) I've only been around since
1998, and the codename tradition dates back to 1996 when "buzz/Buzz" was
released, I suppose.

(Note also that the project-history document capitalises the codenames, but
I don't think we can hold it authoritative WRT spelling because it's both
newish, and because it spells SPARC "Sparc" :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.