Re: cvs commit to ddp/manuals.sgml/faq by osamu

Hi folks,
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:09:33AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Please note that being visually impaired I have some epidermic
> > reactions when talking about PDF format.  If document's maintainer
> > agree with your changes, it's ok for me (of course I will surely
> > complain to them if I encounter this change ;))

I can assure you my new attemt also created IMHO nicer plain text file
which can be searched on large font console screen or on the brailler.

Choice of PDF over PS was simply imitating
    www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 07:50:15AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> I misunderstood at first. I thought there was going to be /'s between
> every word. After more explanation, it appears Osamu is just proposing
> to s|this/that|this / that|g .
Yes yes yes ...

Let me explain again with plain text output examples.

Option1:(this / that)
6.9. What is meant by saying that a package Depends / Recommends /
Suggests / Conflicts / Replaces / Provides another package?

Option2:(this/ that)
6.9. What is meant by saying that a package Depends/ Recommends/
Suggests/ Conflicts/ Replaces/ Provides another package?

Option3:(this/that)
6.9. What is meant by saying that a package
Depends/Recommends/Suggests/Conflicts/Replaces/Provides another package?

(Option 3 yields 3 lines if this section is used in reference, ugly.)

Please update me your opinion on this matter.  My current understandings
are:
       Option1(this / that)  Option2(this/ that)  Option3(this/that)
Osamu  Yes                   OK                   prefer to avoid
Josip  Better over Opt2      prefer to avoid      No comment
Denis  No(Strong)            No comment           Yes(Strong)
Chris  Yes?(implied)         No comment           No comment

FYI:
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 07:44:07PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I think "Depends / Recommends / Suggests / Conflicts / Replaces /
> Provides" is better if you choose to use the spaces... but anyway, I
> don't have a strong preference.

There are 3 section titles in this document.  So they all needs to be
consistent.

 Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D
.
 See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
 See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
.
 "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net
.
 I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.