Re: Progeny Debian Manual Project - Let's Talk Content

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 03:02:52PM -0300, Bruce Byfield wrote:

> 2. Installation - The Debian installation guide is very thorough, and
> Osamu Aoki has suggested using the Progeny manual as a post-install
> guide. However, while this section isn't a large priority because of the
> install guide's existence, I'm in favour of the Progeny manual being
> complete in itself . For one thing, the install guide's material would
> be more useful if restructured in the form of the Progeny manual, with
> enumerated steps and (format permitting) screen shots.

The installer portion is where I can best contribute. I believe we
should make this manual become the new version for Woody+1, and
document the new installer (aka debian-installer), not
boot-floppies. So some stuff may need to come over from the existing
manual - the stuff which isn't directly related to the existing
menu-driven system. I think the new installer will be an entirely
different animal, and one of the options will probably be a graphical
progeny-type installer.