Re: Progeny GPLs manual

Chris Tillman wrote:

There's a lot of good information here, mostly directly applicable to Debian. Even screen shots! The quality seems very good.
I think there's a large hole in the Debian documentation bin labelled
Beginner/Novice. This would fill that hole nicely.

I'm willing to work on it, if others also think there's a place here for it.

Great!

The project is still in its early stages, so not much that's concrete is likely to happen for the next couple of weeks. But here's what is going on:

- I'm looking for volunteers. I'm going to go through Techwr-l, the technical writer's mailing list, and the Debian Doc list.
- A CVS tree will have to be set up. Progeny may host it; I'm not sure yet.
- A mailing list is also needed. Again, Progeny may host it.
- A non-proprietary format needs to be decided on. Once a few more people are involved, we can discuss that in more detail. - Once the format is decided, we need to convert the existing files to it. - The first stage in writing will be to replace the existing references to Progeny-specific tools with general Debian information.

I'll be in touch as things get organized. Meanwhile, thanks for volunteering!

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177 bbyfield@axionet.com