Re: German translations for Debian

[Cc: me on replies, I don't read debian-doc]

* Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> [2002-03-19 19:53]:

<http://www.debian.org/intl/German/>

>  - Package Descriptions translations (ddtp.debian.org)
>  - Debconf translations (http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/)

 That reminds me, these links should be added to the /intl/German/ page
of course....  That page is not mainly webpages centric, or shouldn't
be.  It's at least quite straight forward to find:  From the front-page
"Debian International" --> German.  /intl/ is just a short alias for
/international/, no need to wonder for the different url you get for
following this advice :)

>> So I'm asking if I can translate documents for your distribution into
>> german? Would be nice!
>
> Please help with package descriptions.

 I would also say so.  The webpages are currently handled actively by
three people and almost all the important pages are translated already.
So it's mainly keeping up with outdated pages (what I a doing) and
translating newly added DSAs and news (including weekly news). On the
last we have already someone working so IMHO the webpages doesn't need
that much help.  debconf templates are quite in front of all the other
translations IIRC so package descriptions would suit best.  After all it
would help getting package descriptions a better reputation and help it
to get official included once.

 HTH & HAND,
Alfie
P.S.: I don't want to drag you in a certain direction (uhm, yes, I do)
      -- I just want to discuss the state of the places in need of help.
P.P.S.: Thanks for the copy, zomb.
--
I don't know, chmod g+a something  and the world goes crazy :)
                                  -- Craig Small, d-n-a@l.d.o