Re: Alpha install page on Debian website is in Slovenian

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Leston Buell wrote:

> The following URL on the Debian website serves a page entirely in
> Slovenian, when it should be in English:

Hmm.  Interesting, that.  What makes you think that the default
language of any global information delivery system should automatically
be the one you would like it to be?

And BTW -- have you informed your web browser of this fact?

> There is no indication on the page as to how to get to any other
> language version of the page.

Did you try explicitly saying so?  (In the URL you gave your browser?)

> It is always refreshing to find Linux pages in languages other than
> English, but i think that the Slovenian Alpha install page in particular
> would be more thoroughly enjoyed if it were not linked to from the
> English language Alpha release notes page.

Try hitting the 'Return' key -- hard -- several times in succession.
I believe that this is the prescribed method for people in your situation.
--
Martin Wheeler       -        StarTEXT - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England