Re: use me

In lists.projects.debian.doc, you wrote:

>> > We could definitely use some help with the system admin manual and network
>> > admin manual, see http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp for information on how to
>> > get to the sources.
>>
>> Great....I'll get on it as soon as I can.  Is there any particular
>> section that needs work?
>
>Any section that is empty <shrug>

I'm intending to throw some effort into this as well.  We should
probably co-ordinate so that we don't double up on effort.

May I suggest that anyone who's about to start working on a chunk just
emails this list to say "I'm about to write this chapter" so we know
who's up to what?

My first task was probably going to be to update the users and groups
chapter that I wrote a year or so back.  I'm sure it needs more work.  I
was also interested in working on the "Directory Structure" chapter.

Just out of interest, can someone please explain to me whether this
manual is meant to be an "everything you need to know" manual, or
whether it's only meant to document the bits that vary between Debian
and other Linux distributions and/or Unix variants?  Should we assume
that the audience is newbie sysadmins, or newbie *Debian* admins with
prior experience on other systems?

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
"Delete kidneys to create license codes in the morning"