Re: How to make your custom debian packages apt-gettable

[moving the thread to debian-doc; see Mail-Followup-To:]
[for debian-doc people: please Cc: to me because
I am subscribed to only debian-devel]

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 21:12:00 +0200, Jens Ruehmkorf wrote:
> > I wrote a documentation "How to make your custom debian packages
> > apt-gettable".
>
> I think a mini-howto like yours is desirable, especially for new users, to
> better utilize their use of apt. Since your docs aim at the beginner, I
> would include some more specific examples, then it would indeed be
> valuable. So far it mentions not much more than in dpkg-scanpackages(8)
> and dpkg-scansources(8) ;) I think some debian-books/-guides explain the
> use of dpkg-scan... as well.
>
> Besides that you should post your Email as well to debian-doc. People
> there might better be able to answer any questions.
I have a custom package already uploaded to my web page,
but it seems to be a dangerous example.

Package: gogo
 This is an unofficial .deb package of gogo, a LAME-based
 mp3 encoder.
 .
 WARNING: Use only in Japan, or you will be involved in
 patent problems.

A backported-to-potato package is better?

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Graduate-school of Science, Kyoto University

I always put away what I take.
--- Ryuji Akai, "Star a way"