Re: New standard makefile

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 05:51:47PM +0300, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> Ilgiz Kalmetev suggests attached file as standard.makefile in
> ddp repositary.

BTW Makefiles aren't application/octet-stream, you ought to fix your MUA.

> This Makefiles support translated manuals in contrast to older makefile.
> Can I commit it?

You (he) did s/maint-guide/$(MANUAL)/g on maint-guide/Makefile. :)

Personally, I'd prefer that this stuff from the current standard.makefile is
left in:

install_file := install -p -m 664
install_dir :=  install -d -m 2775

That way we can modify the file/dir modes easier than we can do it now...