Re: installation manual not in English

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:20:48AM -0500, Dennis Malandro wrote:
> My browser was set to English. I also tried from work, that browser was set
> to English as well. Both showed up in some other language (the same
> language, the first word was "Obsah"). debian.org mentions something about
> cache servers being the possible problem source, but since I have no idea
> how to check this, I just downloaded the English pdf.

See http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html for more information about the
problem. It might be that your language settings are too specific
(English/US or English/something else, instead of plain English, won't work)
or that there's a transparent cache server inbetween and it's causing the
problem.

In any case, you can use this URL for the English version:
http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install.en.html