Re: RFC: New debian package - ddoc

Hi,
I am writing to you again because you were the only one to respond to the
announcement that I made about ddoc, and becaouse you seem to play some
role in the development of Debian documentation. I want to encourage you
again to look at ddoc. There is another new version (0.4) on our ftp at:

 ftp:/unilinux.sourceforge.net/pub/unilinux/ddoc_0.4_all.deb

 If you install with apt you might want to pick up the Suggests (dwww,
dhelp) to really see what this is about. I think it would be a shame to
have this package disregarded because it was dissmissed out of hand - I
really think that it would help a novice (like me) to learn the system; I
wished that there  was such a thing and that's why I made it.

  On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, you wrote:

> Have you seen what doc-central does (available as .deb in unstable distro)?
> See if you can integrate this functionality in it.

 doc-central did not work at all  on three different machines. I don't
know what it does so ...

> No offense, but IMHO Debian doesn't need yet another unfinished
> documentation thingie floating around in the archive... let's try to
> concentrate our efforts.

 Again, please look at the subject and see what it does before you dismiss
its value. It doesn't require any extra configuration or tinkering - just
install and look around when it comes up.

 I would really appreciate any comments you have thereafter.

Thanks.

Regards,
erik