Re: English to Dutch?

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 11:24:33AM -0800, Bill Smith wrote:
> I was looking at the new installation instructions with the idea of
> obtaining and installing Debian, but when accessing
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install
>
> I failed to understand the language (mine is English).
>
> Thought you'd like to know.  :-)

This is a common problem with content negotiation, take a look at
http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html for more information.

In order to see the Installation manual in English, use
http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install.en.html

> BTW, I am sure it is still too much a dream, but wouldn't it be nice if one
> could download a "boot floppy" and install the OS seamlessly from the
> Internet!  I am sure the image is much to large to be practical in most
> circumstances.

You can do something like that with Debian, but you'd need more than just
one diskette, and the procedure isn't really documented.