Re: your mail

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 06:57:00PM +0200, Jens Müller wrote:

> > On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 08:17:26PM -0500, Shawn Yeager wrote:
> > > Where you aware that the link
> http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install is in what appears to be
> Russian?
> > >
> > > Where's the English version?
> >
> > Your browser should request the English version (should be somewhere
> > in the Preference settings).  Note that you need a generic English
> > (en) setting in addition to any localised setting (such as en-us).
> Well, English should be default, or not?

It is. As I wrote before, either your browser is requesting the wrong
language or you are using a broken proxy. If your browser is configured
properly, then the proxy you are using is broken. Check with the admin
of your proxy to get it fixed.

Note that you may be using a proxy even if you don't set one in your
browser. An ISP can do this by redirecting all http requests (not
really what's done, but close enough) through a proxy. This used to
be rare, but is becoming more common.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org