news from lost+found

I just upgraded a system from slink to potato and started getting mail
about files in /lost+found.  As I reviewed them, I gradually became
aware that they must have been there a while.  It was not the upgrade
that had caused the filesystem problems as I had thought at first.
Rather, the upgrade to cron had included a daily check of /lost+found.
Please consider a warning such as this for the "what's new" section of
the potato release notes:

   Cron now checks /lost+found daily, and mails the administrator if
   files are found there.  You might want to check there yourself
   before you start the upgrade, so you can tell which files have been
   there for a while and which (if any) appear as a result of the
   upgrade.

	  - Jim Van Zandt