Re: README in / of debian cd's.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> [didn't strip the CC:, so kill me :>]
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 09:19:15PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > there are currrently 8 README files on a debian potato cd.
> > none of the README files is helpfull.
> >
> > i strongly recommend to have exacly one README in the root of the cd
> > image, and have only pointer to other documentations in there.
>
> The Release notes could be the starting point for everything, as they
> include a pointer to installation documents and upgrading information.

First: do RelNotes cover/point to instructions for upgrading PRE-2.1 ???
 (in 2.1 they did not)

Second: People always look at README's in the first place, so then
 simply make a README that says "see the RelNotes".

Third: I don't see any 2.2 RelNotes on either FTP or webpages. It should be
 somewhere plainly visible. "Someone" please take care of this.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer