Re: Suggestion: Man Pages on Web & Install Disks

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 18:30:36 -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> Disk space and mirror resources would make ALL man pages and info pages and
> doc pages for EVERYTHING to be prohibitive...

True, but have a look at Jim's dwww demonstration site
(http://dwww.jimpick.com/); I suspect it would be doable to have dwww on
e.g. va.debian.org, so that most documentation would be available. It
wouldn't have to be mirrored, and the documentation is already on va's disk.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go